The Department of Senior Services partners with the Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority (FACAA) to conduct applications for Fulton County seniors 65 years of age and older.
On November 22, 2022, at The Benson Center, from 9am to 3:30pm by appointment only.
Please call the Front Desk @ 404-613-4900 beginning on Friday November 4th to make your appointment.
Bring the following required items with you to your enrollment appointment:
- Picture ID (Driver’s License or State ID-It can be expired)
- Social Security Card for all household members over 18
- Proof of income for the (last 30 days) Current Social Security Award Letter
- Most current heating bill and most current electric bill (last 30 days)
ATLANTA – The Fulton County Department of Senior Services in collaboration with the Fulton Action Community Action Authority (FACCA) will launch the Georgia Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) on Monday, November 14, 2022 to aid eligible seniors age 65-years-old and above, homebound, and individuals with life-threatening circumstances.
The Georgia Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. Through this program, eligible Fulton County residents may apply for financial assistance, energy crisis assistance, and long-term, low-cost residential weatherization assistance.
To qualify for help, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or legally admitted immigrant
- Households must be at or below 60% of the area median income
- Have full responsibility for paying the cost of energy bill, or primary home heating source
Fulton County Seniors who participate or have family members who participate in other benefit programs such as SNAP, SSI, or TANF may be automatically eligible for this program.